Monday, April 29, 2013

Paddled about 8-9 miles

Workout:

Paddled about 8-9 miles in the OC-6 last night. We stopped a few times to talk about technique and timing so it wasn't a consistent pace. We did 8/4's ( 8 sides on, 4 sides recovery), so it wasn't too crazy a workout. Our longest stretches were about 2.5 miles long. We had a few people new to race practice so we worked more on technique.

Not having a GPS was really annoying. I had to use mapmyrun.com after the fact to get the mileage.

I felt pretty good paddling, wasn't getting overly exhausted. Didn't have my camelbak so could only drink during the stops. I tried to push myself a bit, really pour the power on during the power pieces. We had new people in the canoe so when the pieces would get longer, people would tire out and the boat would sink down. Completely understandable, and really just makes the training more of a strength workout than a distance one. I don't mind, I need to work on both.

Body seems to be feeling ok, no new aches and pains. Shoulder pain didn't return, which is good. Tried to keep the form better, which I think helped.

Food:

Breakfast: PB&J + Diet Coke. Forgot my oatmeal at home, luckily I had made 2 sandwiches for after work.
Lunch: Flame Broiler chicken bowl + kimchi. About as healthy as my lunches get.
Dinner: Powerbar + 3 hardboiled eggs. Was pretty good on dinner. Was starving and didn't feel like waiting for my regular naan pizza. This dinner worked out well. The saltyness of the hardboiled eggs contrasted the sweetness of the powerbar. Plus both had good protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment