Saturday, May 4, 2013

No practice, another bonus paddle.

Today was the ho'olaulea. Spent the whole day taking pictures. We didn't have race practice, so no big workout for me. We were able to get a paddle in. I took a small group of people for a short intro paddle, and then 6 of us paddled Tieva back to Hanohano. Again we only had 3 regular paddlers and the other 3 were newbies. 2 of the newbies were the ones from the day before, and another was completely new.

It wasn't that bad. I was stroking this time, Ryan was seat 4 and Casey steered. I asked that Ryan be seat 4 simply cause the bay was getting choppy. The wind had picked up and was against us almost the whole time. It took about 45 mins to get to Santa Clara point. I had to slow down a few times to let the people behind me keep up with the rate. Though towards the end I just let myself naturally speed up, they seemed to keep up fine. How much power they were providing, I'm not sure.

Had McDonalds sausage mcmuffin for breakfast. Lunch was a plate lunch consiting of rice, korean chicken and a slice of korean bbq. Dinner was Pho.

I'm not feeling that well, so the pho was really nice. I was freezing towards the end, so hopefully I'm not getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment