Monday, May 6, 2013

Race

Short course crew vs long course crew. We did the same loop we did last week, this time racing between teh two crews. The short course crew did really well. At one point we were leading by a nose. Considering that I was forcing the Short Course crew to recover and back off at certain intervals, this was very good.

Steering with that shorter blade really did a number on my shoulders. Because its a much shorter blade, it forced me to arm paddle when trying to make corrections. This killed my arms quickly.

Other than that it went well. Got a good workout, despite steering.

Food was mixed. Had a breakfast burrito for breakfast, but then had a chicken wrap for lunch. Had my PB&J sandwich for pre-practice snack. Then dinner was the other PB&J, plus 3 hardboiled eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment