Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Steered practice

Steered for the short course crew. Because I steered it wasn't as big a physical workout as when I paddle. It was however more of a mental workout. Its' been a while since I steered.

The short course crew did very well. We even chased down one of San Diego's women's crews. At least I think it was SD's Wahine crew. It took a while but we closed the huge lead they had on us. I don't know if they knew we were trying to catch them, but when our canoes got close, I'm sure they stepped it up a notch.

While we were trying to catch them, I tried to be as respectful as possible. I didn't want to interfere with what they were doing. We used them as a moving target, so it was all how fast we could get our canoe, not how well we could "race" them.

After that we did starts.

Food wise, it wasn't a horrible food day. I had my oatmeal for breakfast, then the bowl for lunch. Pre-practice snack was 4 hard boiled eggs. Then dinner was chicken wings and rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment